Having dark knuckles can be a difficult thing to deal with for women of colour. It could be that you have them naturally or they could have been induced either by bleaching, excessive tanning, exposure to extreme/hazardous washing agents etc.
I usually get questions on how to fix this
Treating Dark knuckles require patience, it can take from 6 weeks to 3 months for knuckle to completely clear.
How to treat knuckles
Natural ways to treat knuckles
1, Our knuckle products. Results from 4 weeks to 8 weeks. For knuckles to clear fast you need to follow instructions that comes with the product.
products from our skincare range that can clear knuckles.
1. Revitalizing lotion. Use a Q-tip, dab it in the lotion and apply it on your dark knuckles. Be sure to lay on a thick layer of the lotion and ensure it gets absorbed into the skin. After the 5-minute mark, clean it off or rub it in.
2. Another great way to moisturize your dark knuckles is to use raw shea butter. First take a scoop of the butter and smother your hands and feet with it. Be sure to use this on your feet as well. Shea butter has properties that help even skin tone and moisturize the skin and will work well in reducing the darkness on your knuckles.
3. If it is severe, for the first week, after applying the Shea butter, wear disposable non-sterile powder free vinyl medical examination gloves on your hands and sleep over night with it. This will help lock in moisture to begin the peeling process. Then wash your hands with a mild scrub in the mornings.
4. For the feet, apply shea butter and then wrap your feet. The heat generated from the closure of the bag will help with peeling the skin fast. Do this every night for 1 week.
5. If it is not severe, then simply wear a cotton glove for your hands and a pair of cotton socks for your feet for about two weeks.
6. Using a scrub or skin polish as well is great for dark knuckles. Scrub the dark areas 2-3 times a week to help exfoliate the skin and reduce hyper-pigmentation.